One of the most commonly asked questions we get before a portrait photo shoot session is, “What should I wear?”. It may seem like you’re confused when choosing wardrobe, but here are some easy tips and tricks to choosing that picture-perfect outfit.
Here’s a guide for some great ideas on what to wear during your photo shoot session:
(1) Stick to one Guise: For most people, they will prefer to match clothing with their family and siblings. For instance, if the father and son are wearing soft colors like light blue, grey, and blush, the mother and daughter put on warm colors like brown, pink, and orange. The photo will have a variety of colors making it look attractive.
(2) Try Your Clothes Before the Photo shoot Day: We all want to look like models during this session. Make sure everyone checks outfits from all possible angles in the mirror. It would be embarrassing if a dress is torn during the session. It spoils the mood of the “victim”. Try squatting, leaning forward and backward to make sure they are okay. Kids’ clothes should work well in motion so that the photographer can take the best shots as they play.
(3) Make sure the Clothes are Comfortable: A comfortable outfit makes you feel comfy, feel good and confident. It also makes you feel and look elegant. Everybody should have clothes that gives him/her freedom of movement.
(4) Tone down bright colours: Bright colors attract attention away from the face and may be reflective. Avoid wearing red, bright pink, bright green etc. When choosing lighter colors, stick to pastels.
(5) Outfit that brings extra memories to you: Visual storytelling is not just an ideal opportunity to put the fashion you want but the clothing that has extra meaning to you and your memories.
Dark clothing tends to slenderize. Darker clothing helps to blend the bodies with the background. Dark colors can also be a disadvantage under hot weather.
Light clothing can look beautifully fresh. If you are worried about not appearing slender then it is safer to avoid white. White can look beautifully simple and fresh. White shirts and/or blouses under a dark jacket are perfect.
(6) Clothing you love most: There is undeniable fact that fashion makes life more beautiful than it truly is, it makes us feel good and make us look and feel more beautiful. Pick the outfit that you love most for your photo shoot session.
(7) Put on some accessories: Don’t be afraid here to go bold. When an accessory coordinates with the rest of your outfit, it can pull everything together.
(8) Decide on a theme: The selection of proper clothing for your portrait photo shoot is a critical factor in the preparation for a successful portrait. Keep your clothing simple and coordinating. It must be carefully selected to blend the bodies together. Everyone should have color-coordinated outfits (Not a uniform necessarily, but there should be a theme). For the children, choose outfits that fit well without a lot of “growing room”. Jeans and white or pastel tops are always popular and nice for a family portrait photo shoot session.
The DO NOTs:
(1) Clothes that don’t match: What you are wearing in a portrait is just as important as all the other details such as: lighting, location, and posing. Poorly selected clothing can really take away from an otherwise really great portrait.
(2) Clothes that are oversized: Oversized clothing doesn’t show the best features in you. It may look dull, baggy and shapeless in which photographs of yourself may not turn out to be the best.
(3) Clothes that are printed with logos: Printed logos or patterns may at times look distracting in the photographs. Avoid busy patterns or prints on your shirt for a better photo composition outcome.
BONUS TIPS for Maternity Photoshoot:
The goal is to show off that adorable baby bump, Please encourage the father (and your children if you have others) to come along if you wish (they should also match with the dress you are wearing). Several poses with your hands showing will be taken, so be sure to remove any jewelry that you do not want in the pictures. Some women want to have their wedding ring in the picture, it will be great to bring along too.
Final thoughts: Your portraits are meant to be enjoyed for generations to come. Fad-type clothing should be avoided, unless you are planning to have new portraits made annually. You will feel very rewarded when you view your photographs. All of your efforts will be worthwhile.
So, you have booked a slot with the best photographer for a family photo shoot you have been planning for months? The day is around the corner, and you are madly going through the entire wardrobe, and you can’t seems to pick the best outfit for the day. It’s time to ask your photographer for advice or just follow our Tips here. A significant number of our clients have experienced this. But don’t worry, you are not the first one. It happens, and it has happened to many.
Nothing is worse than being glumly uncomfortable in a perfect outfit. If you wear a suit on a sunny day, undoubtedly you will be uncomfortable and look tired and worn out in the photographs taken. For professional and alluring images, email us and see how we can achieve and preserve those beautiful memories for you. We have highly experienced professional photographers who are more than willing to make the vibes more fun and exciting. Book your slot as early as now because we are usually held up on weekends.
This Blogpost is written & copyrighted by Sgcloudproductions , Thank you for spending time reading our Blog! We hope you’ve enjoyed this post and discover something new here! We look forward to the Photoshoot with you!
Cloud Productions Team
hey [a] cloudproductions.sg
+65 8749 3850